Originally posted on atimetoshare.me by Kathy Boecher
So it’s only two days until you and I will change the way we live. We will begin another diet – cut down on using electronic devices – spend more quality time with spouse or children – cut out some addictive behavior – become more positive – find a cure for cancer – bring peace to the world ….. NOT! Let’s get real.
Life is full of surprises, challenges, bumps in the road, the unexpected, the unwanted, unnecessary and obstacles that sometimes are insurmountable. Here are ten suggestions for starting the new year right.
1. Set realistic goals. Don’t try to lose 20 pounds in a month. It will return. Trust me. I know!
2. Don’t beat yourself up if you don’t accomplish your goal immediately. Tomorrow is another day.
3. Trust your gut. If you don’t feel right about something, you’re probably right.
4. Start thinking outside of the box. Many great accomplishments have been reached because someone looked for a different way of doing things.
5. Start thinking less of your own wants and more of others. One of the most rewarding things to do is help someone else realize their dreams.
6. Do something nice for your neighbor. Shovel their sidewalk or help them carry in their groceries.
7. Open your Bible. There’s lots of good stuff in there.
8. Don’t worry about the state of the world. There is nothing you can do about it unless your name is Warren Buffet or Bill Gates.
9. Don’t sweat the small stuff. Small stuff can easily become big stuff if you let it.
10. Have confidence that God is directing your life. He is putting all the pieces together for you. With Him you can do anything and you are never alone.