We’ve just come off a weekend of relaxation, fun and letting our hair down. Now it’s back to reality and the business of every day stuff. I find Mondays to be a good starting over point.
If you’re a regular church goer, you’ve had Sunday to replenish yourself spiritually. Being in the Lord’s house and having that special time to nurture your relationship with Him is not only refreshing for our souls, but makes us eager to start a new week, with hope in our hearts.
I have long ago given up writing “to do lists.” Most of the time I lose them and forget what I was supposed to do, but if you are into scheduling your time for the upcoming week, try to fit these ten things into your list.
- Find time to listen to someone. Get to know them and show them that you’re interested in them.
- Look for the best in others, even if you don’t always agree. Try to understand why someone cut you off on the highway, rather than assuming he’s a jerk.
- Share something – a good book, a funny joke, a smile, your time.
- Tell someone why you love Jesus – how much He loves the world.
- Turn over the tough stuff to God.
- Spend time reading God’s message to you through His Word.
- Put others needs before your own.
- Remember that God is with you. When things get really difficult, He will be there to carry you.
- Do your best, know that you can do even better, try, don’t give up.
Begin each day with prayer and thanksgiving for being carried through another night and given the blessing of another chance to live life and possibly even change the world we live in.