Hi everyone, it’s Ryan again 🙂 . Here in my part of North Carolina, a bunch of churches in my area get together and invite all the kids and teenagers to do a youth like retreat called 180weekend. The students are separated into boy and girl groups, and from there each group gets a host family to provide a house for the group and transportation. We have small groups at the host homes, we have sermons at the local church, and we play fun games and do cool activities.
Anyway, this year’s theme was called “One Way”, and it was about getting a deeper understanding of the who, what, and why about Jesus Christ. Also, we learned a little about ourselves, and how to share Jesus with others. Our reference verse for each lesson was “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”-John 14:6 NIV.
My 10 biggest take aways from the weekend were these:
1. Be real with Jesus, don’t act like a fake friend around him.
2. When you’re sad or suffering, God isn’t wasting time. He’s building you up with these experiences.
3. Guilt reminds us of God’s grace.
4. Truth should be steadfast, not whatever feels good or what’s currently popular.
5. When we love God, we are able to love all kinds of people, whether bad or good, just for the sake of love itself, and not because of anything that anyone has ever done for us.
6. Let Jesus guide your days; let him be your sunrise every morning. “Jesus, the day is yours”.
7. You don’t have to reach a certain age, healthiness, maturity, or condition to serve God; he’s already given you what you need, and has made his plan for you exclusively to the your unique abilities
8. When we begin to look down on ourselves for trying so hard, and failing to do what is right. God is telling us to “Give Up”. God knows being a faithful Christian is nearly impossible with sin in our lives. So, he asks that we not only surrender our sins, but also our best attempts to be righteous to him. Don’t try to recommit your life to God and start over. He wants you to surrender yourself so that he may begin to work in you.
9. Sometimes God delivers us from the furnace, and other times God delivers us into the furnace like Shadrach Meshach and Abednego. But only for sole purpose of changing us for the better.
10. Ask God each and every day, “how I can show my devotion to you?”.
Thanks for reading 😀