“So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.”
– 1 Corinthians 10:31
The original recipe for this hearty shrimp and grits dish is from Bill Smith, executive chef at Crook’s Corner, the landmark Southern restaurant in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
- 2 bacon slices
- 1 pound unpeeled, medium-size raw shrimp
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup low-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- Cheese Grits
1. Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat 10 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 1 tsp. drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon.
2. Peel shrimp; devein, if desired. Sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper; dredge in flour.
3. Sauté mushrooms in hot drippings with oil in skillet 5 minutes or until tender. Add green onions, and sauté 2 minutes. Add shrimp and garlic, and sauté 2 minutes or until shrimp are lightly browned. Stir in chicken broth, lemon juice, and hot sauce, and cook 2 more minutes, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet. Spoon shrimp mixture over hot Cheese Grits; sprinkle with crumbled bacon.
From Southern Living
I hope y’all enjoy the latest offering from the blog’s new food category. God bless